Join our growing team of talented technology leaders.
Java Developer (100% Onsite From Day One)
Tallahassee, FL Posted: 08/08/2022
Required Skills and Experience
- 7+ years experience with Java application development, leveraging frameworks such as Struts/Tiles, Struts 2, Servlets/JSP, and JPA/Hibernate.
- 5+ years experience with Oracle databases, possessing the capability to develop DML and DDL statements to produce very complex queries and PL/SQL database objects, including both DML and DDL.
- 3+ years experience as a full-stack developer.
- Experience with responsive design frameworks, preferably Bootstrap.
- Experience using code repositories, preferably Git.
- Experience using continuous integration tools, preferably Jenkins.
- Knowledge of relational database designs.
- Knowledge of object-oriented design methodologies.
- Knowledge of Information Systems Development Methodology (ISDM).
- Experience with database query tools (i.e., TOAD, SQL Developer, SQL Navigator).
- Knowledge of database security, including role-based security.
- Knowledge and experience with Unified Modeling Language (UML).
- Ability to be creative, to use sound judgment, and to display foresight to identify potential problems and design/specifications and assigned application software systems.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to determine work priorities and ensure proper completion of work assignments.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative, oral and written communication skills.
- Provide maintenance, enhancement and support for a variety of the agency’s business applications.
- Assisting in the preparation and documentation of program requirements and specifications.
- Research and document requirements of program users.
- Writing, translating and coding software programs and applications per specifications.
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines.
- Working with network administrators, systems analysts and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
- Providing mentoring and guidance to junior programmers.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Familiarity with Agile development, specifically Scrum, Extreme Programming (XP) and Kanban.
- Experience with Virtualization, preferably Docker.
- Experience implementing GIS (Geographic Information System) applications.
- Experience developing web services, preferably RESTful web services.
- Experience with environmental regulatory business processes and practices.
- Knowledge and understanding of technical environment.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other Information Technology major, or equivalent work experience.
- Oracle certification(s) (Preferred).