Join our growing team of talented technology leaders.
Systems Administrator (100% Onsite from Day One)
Tallahassee, FL Posted: 08/07/2022
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years experience in supporting Linux server operating systems.
- Knowledge of command line and scripting languages such as PowerShell, bash, shell scripts, and YAML.
- Knowledge of Linux systems, Cloud Infrastructure Technologies, and code technologies such as Terraform and Ansible.
- Knowledge of container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of networking, DNS, and Active Directory concepts.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Ability to process information logically and solve problems.
- Ability to find, understand, and share information relevant to troubleshooting and project research.
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot distributed systems.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbal and written information.
- Basic familiarity with application programming and database concepts.
- Basic familiarity with networking, DNS, and Active Directory concepts.
- Ability to work after normal work hours, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to work independently, but also ask questions when appropriate.
- Ability to provide thoughtful input based on experience and research.
- Configure, tune, document, manage and monitor the operations of Linux-based operating system (OS) servers, Oracle Forms Fusion Middleware, and Azure Kubernetes Service for the agency.
- Support application deployment activities.
- Advise management on new or improved technologies and practices.
- Perform studies and evaluates new or enhanced information technology products.
- Provide support of system software through diagnosis of problems and implementation of changes to resolve problems and maintain software at the most current level.
- Oversee the operation of the systems, perform OS and application patching, and ensure backups are performed correctly.
- Support and maintain monitoring software.
- Coordinate with the security officer to protect the data of the agency.
- Help the agency continue to improve security practices and maintain best practices.
- Research and offer suggestions on furthering automation of tasks.
- Demonstrate strong relationship and interpersonal skills in working with program staff and vendor community.
- Effectively communicate with system management and networking teams to maintain coordinated infrastructure configuration.
- Support application development and effectively communicate application deployments.
- Consistently support the department goal of reducing team silos.
- This position serves as a customer service representative on behalf of this division when interacting with customers through all communication media, as well as when responding to incident/request service desk services.
- Maintain a working knowledge of established policies, procedures, and directives necessary to accomplish assignments and responsibilities.
- Contribute to team documentation supporting assigned functions, duties and responsibilities which provide opportunity for knowledge transfer.
- Must be able to write for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Serves as a trusted advisor to the Middle-Tier Support Team Manager and the Section Administrator.
- Assist in coaching and training junior technical staff.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Familiarity with environmental regulatory business processes and practices.
- Knowledge and understanding of clients technical environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other Information Technology major, or equivalent work experience.
- Certification as an Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Architect Associate is required within the first year of this engagement. Location