Join our growing team of talented technology leaders.
Tallahassee, FL Posted: 01/16/2022
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of 5 years IT work experience, including 2 or more years managing projects.
- Experience with JIRA.
- Experience with collaboration tools.
- Must have excellent communication with management both within and across organizations to ensure smooth running of the Projects Office.
- Excellent communication skills; both written and oral with technical and non-technical staff, and all levels of management.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite of applications (including Microsoft Project) and/or familiar with project management technology tools.
- Ability to maintain detailed project plans (scope, project management processes, and work breakdown structures).
- Experience with meeting facilitation and documentation.
- Experience creating and presenting internal and external status reports and detailed status reports suitable for presentation to the Legislature and Steering Committees.
- Proven ability to lead a project team and effectively conduct the project to meet project objectives.
- Ability to identify priorities and keep staff focused on priority tasks as directed by Project Managers.
- Ability to identify the scope of the project and report scope creep.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with criminal justice technology.
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence preferred.
- Aptitude for nurturing a collaborative, upbeat, positive working environment that values creativity and innovation.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Actively participate as a key member of the project team by acting as the primary liaison between the business unit, ITS and vendor.
- Coordinate the contract management efforts to include ensuring deliverables and milestones are met while validating vendor performance.
- Participate in the development of the competitive procurements necessary for system implementation.
- Participate in the development, implementation and maintenance of project documentation, strategies and plans.
- Project assistance in the preparation of documentation to support grant applications, budget requests, and support documentation.
- Provide problem-solving expertise and complex analysis of project risks and opportunities.
- Review change requests and escalates any changes that may inhibit the success of any of the projects.
- Tracks key project milestones and makes suggestions for adjusting project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers.
- Assists with project communication.
- Participates in the development, implementation and maintenance of project documentation, strategies and plans.
- Helps in the preparation of informational items to support grant applications, budget requests, and support documentation.
- Assists with the coordination of resources between the Project Managers in the Data Projects Program.
- Monitors and manages feedback and responses to and from the Independent Verification & Validation (IV&V) vendor.
- Works with users to understand business requirements.
- Participates in testing efforts with various system stakeholders and other applications.
- Leads and participates in team meetings, stakeholder meetings, and technical meetings.
- Supports the project team and performs other duties as assigned.
- Creates and updates documentation as required by project team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field or equivalent work experience.
- Must have Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.