Join our growing team of talented technology leaders.
Business Process Consultant (GIS)
Tallahassee, FL Posted: 10/27/2021
Required Skills and Experience
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) with Department staff.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of IT work experience, four years of experience in process engineering, and 2 years of experience in project management.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of experience in performing business analysis on IT projects.
- Cost-Benefit Analysis.
- Document Current (AS IS) state.
- Document Requirements for Future (TO BE) state.
- Perform Gap Analysis.
- Document Suggested Information Technology (IT) Solution.
- Business Process Models (Narrative).
- Business Process Models Diagram.
- Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERD).
- Data Dictionaries.
- Data Flow Diagrams.
- Business Process Re-engineering (BPR) Plan.
- Comply with Clients Administrative Policies and Procedures by working directly with the Contract Manager.
- Prepare ISDM or SDF documentation that indicates the project complies with OATS policies and procedures.
- Apprise OATS and OAWP staff on ISDM or SDF information as directed by the Contract Manager.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Skills and experiences in conducting meetings with individuals and groups of people to discuss business processes. The contractor will be expected to be the lead in all meetings and discussions related to their analysis.
- Experience with remote white board sessions necessary.
- Experience with the ESRI suite of tool and field applications.
- Experience with Geo-enabled Databases and GIS Enterprise systems.
- Experience with Relational Database Management Systems such as Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience performing system analysis on software programs, applications, and web services.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- Excellent elicitation, collaboration, and critical thinking skills.
- Skills and experience conducting Cost-Benefit Analysis.
- Skills and experience in business process re-engineering.
- Skills and experiences in deriving business process and data requirements from the reading and analyzing of process and systems documentation.
- Skills and experiences in translating the information from meetings and written materials into process models and/or process flow models.
- While not required, experience in the use of Microsoft Visio (or other data modeling tools) for creating the process model diagrams is preferred.
- Writing skills and experiences to create a data dictionary.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Visio is required.
- Experiences in working with IT technical staff to determine the infrastructure components within which any potential solution or modification would need to be able to operate.
- A minimum of a bachelors degree in one of the computer sciences fields or in management information systems or five years of work experience in information technology, systems analysis, management analysis, program planning, program research, or program evaluation.
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) and/or Project Management Professional (PMP) certifications are also preferred.