Join our growing team of talented technology leaders.
Java Developer (100% Onsite form day one.)
Tallahassee, FL Posted: 01/16/2022
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years’ experience in Java Frameworks such as Spring, Struts 2/Tiles, Servlets/JSP, JPA 2.0/Hibernate.
- 5+ years’ experience in XML, HTML and CSS.
- 2+ years’ experience with Oracle PL/SQL.
- Experience using continuous integration tools, preferably Jenkins.
- Experience using Jenkins, Gitlab, Maven 3.
- Knowledge of relational and object-oriented database designs.
- Knowledge of object-oriented design methodologies.
- Knowledge of Information Systems Development Methodology (ISDM)
- Knowledge of database security, including role-based security.
- Knowledge and experience with Unified Modeling Language (UML)
- Ability to be creative, to use sound judgment, and to display foresight to identify potential problems and design/specifications and assigned application software systems.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively, efficiently, and proactively solve problems and manage issues.
- Ability to be creative, to use sound judgment, and to display foresight to identify potential problems.
- Strong deadline and task management skills.
- Sound discretionary judgment skills.
- Ability to determine work priorities and ensure proper completion of work assignments.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently, both verbally.
Tasks & Deliverables
- Perform technology and architecture upgrades to ensure the stability of applications in the Clients portfolio.
- Learn new skills, technologies, and languages to support the Clients application portfolio.
- Develop J2EE applications.
- Work closely with customers, users, and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions.
- Work as part of a project team directed by a project manager.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Familiarity with Agile development, specifically Scrum, Extreme Programming (XP) and Kanban.
- Experience in web development leveraging XML and CSS.
- Experience developing web services, preferably RESTful web services.
- Experience with responsive design frameworks, preferably Bootstrap.
- Experience using Gitlab and Jenkins.
- Experience with environmental regulatory business processes and practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other Information Technology major, or equivalent work experience.