Join our growing team of talented technology leaders.
IT Technical Support Help Desk (100% Onsite from Day One)
Orlando, FL Posted: 09/27/2021
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- IT Technical Support (Help Desk) position is responsible for entry-level support of all computer systems. This position will also include the responsibility of handling first response calls to the Help Desk (phone, e-mail, and online), logging the initial call, and detailing the response given to each user.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to clearly communicate technical information in layperson’s terms.
- Ability to work alternate work schedules and be on-call twenty-four (24) hours/day.
- Ability to create daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly reports regarding system availability and Help Desk calls.
- Ability to coordinate real-time activities and priorities.
- Direct experience with the day-to-day operations of a similar center.
- Troubleshoots original call via telephone or in person contact and responds in person when problem cannot be fixed remotely.
- Inventories all computer system hardware parts monthly to ensure infrastructure is operating at one hundred percent (100%).
- Performs functions as directed by the Operations Manager to include any routine and nonroutine functions.
- Informally trains users in basic computer skills when needed.
- Installs and loads all functions of any new workstation when purchased, to include the communications link to the network systems.
- Creates weekly report on all Help Desk calls and responses to include fixed and outstanding items with details on what replacement parts were needed.
- Daily monitoring of video walls and supplemental displays to comply with one hundred percent (100%) system availability.
- Weekly patch management and anti-virus monitoring of all desktop computers.
- Directs the daily responsibilities of the IT Technical Support analyst positions.
- Performs any additional tasks as assigned by management team.
- Performs all other tasks assigned by the DEPARTMENT.
- Secondary education in computer science or the equivalent of two (2) years of experience in desktop support or similar responsibilities.