Improve Cash Flow. Maximize Revenue.
TOLLING, PARKING, & PAYMENTS
The only complete image review-as-a-service in North America
VIPER provides the only complete image review-as-a-service in North America with zero capital investment and makes your cashless tolling more efficient and effective. With 70% automation and over 99.95% accuracy, VIPER is an end-to-end image transaction processing service enabling you to confidently transfer your risk and your administrative responsibilities to Kyra. We maximize your revenue and minimize errors.
IBTTA 2020 Virtual Vendor Forum Presentation
An overview of Kyra’s three tolling solutions: KARS, MIRA, and VIPER
Executive Summary Download
VIPER is a complete one-stop solution for image-based transaction processing. It includes Automated License Plate Recognition, Kyra’s Manual Image Review Application (MIRA), and IT Infrastructure.
- Movement in the industry towards all-electronic tolling has created increasing demand on image review and back-office operations.
- Current image review systems are operated by companies that do not specialize in image review.
- Industry leaders create an ideal platform – toll agencies, consulting firms, and Kyra Solutions, Inc.
- Proven technology platform coupled with the thought leadership of Kyra’s experienced tolling team provides a complete turn-key SaaS solution.
- Streamline workflow and increase operational efficiency.
- Save time and cost with consultant on-boarding and training.
- Flexible SaaS solution scales up or down to meet seasonal adjustment in transaction volume.
- Real-time statistics and feedback allow instant reallocation of assets based on need.
- Colorful graphics provide at-a-glance queue and throughput information.
- Easily configure reports and metrics for agency needs.
- Entire system and process is completely configurable to easily and quickly change to match Agency business rules.
- Real-time dashboards configured and arranged to meet Agency’s interest and mission.
What VIPER Means for an Agency
- Assure revenue recognition
- Improve cash flow
- Improve customer service with accurate billing
- Reduce overall operational expense (OPEX)
- Improve operational efficiency
- Ensure billing accuracy
- Shift risk to Kyra from agency
- Single point of accountability
- Transfer agency’s administrative responsibilities to Kyra related to image review staff
- Maintain integrity in roadside and back office operations
SaaS Features Overview
- Machine Learning
- Artificial Intelligence
- Multi-queue approach
- Cloud-based or on-premise solution
- Audit system and reviewer performance
- Double-blind reviews
- Real time dashboards
- In depth, customizable, and assignable audit capabilities/functionalities
- Configure work flows to meet agencies unique business rules
- Improve overall system accuracy by using MIRA results in ALPR/OCR engines
- Improve maintenance of camera solutions via image quality feedback
KARS (Kyra's Automated Recognition System)
KARS, is Kyra’s Automated Recognition System, known in the industry as an ALPR (automatic license plate reader). Kyra Solutions has emerged as one of the leading information technology service providers in the transportation space and our mission of making complicated technology issues simple is shown in our automated license plate reader. KARS achieves a higher automation rate with a greater accuracy level. Our state-of-the-art ALPR provides significant cost savings over existing technology.
- Increases processing throughput by automating an important part of the tolling process
- Ability to read license plates in any weather condition
- Ability to read any plate type
- No additional hardware required
- Software integrates with any camera
- Accurate readings allow for cost savings of human labor.
- Uses artificial intelligence to isolate and accurately read license plates
- With KARS, tolling agencies can ﬁne-tune their processes to ensure the highest quality and consistency from their automated image review program.
MIRA (Manual Image Review Application)
Despite the improvements in automation for toll transaction image capture and review, manual image review remains an important part of the revenue assurance program for every tolling agency. Each agency has its own unique mix of in-state and out-of-state traffic along with an ever-growing list of specialty license plates. Add to this the increase of All-Electronic-Tolling (AET) along with new bill-by-plate features and the manual image review process continues to grow in importance for all toll operators.
MIRA combines new technology with a highly ﬂexible design to optimize work ﬂow for the many uncertainties that surround the manual image review process. Unexpected ﬂuctuations in volume, personnel turnover, training requirements, processing accuracy, consistent performance monitoring, and end to end auditability are just some of the major factors that were part of the design for MIRA. An investment in MIRA provides toll operators with a technology platform designed for “continuous improvement.” With MIRA, tolling agencies can ﬁne-tune their processes to ensure the highest quality and consistency from their manual image review program. An investment in MIRA is an investment in the ongoing improvement of your business.
- Provides full visibility of transactions, including oldest pending transactions, total reviews and transactions performed per day, and average review times per transaction, in both report and dashboard graph format
- Provides full visibility of reviewer activity, including reviews per minute, reviews per hour, daily totals, error rates, and escalation rates
- Provides reviewers a personalized dashboard to view their performance over time.
- Includes escalation function to management for ﬁnal transaction disposition
- Audits transactions to ensure accuracy and includes the ability to create and assign audits to other users
- Flags transactions for training purposes
- Automatically processes transactions based on trusted and exempt vehicle lists and routes for manual processing based on a sensitive list to reduce customer complaint issues
- Allows feature customization, including license plate special characters, preﬁx and suffix values, and plate types
- Loads images in less than a second with a high-performance system design